Applied Engineering Services is an Indianapolis-based consulting engineering firm providing mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation engineering services. Our focus is on facilities and utilities engineering for advanced manufacturing, healthcare, higher education, and governmental clients.
Services can also include cost estimating, field oversight during construction, commissioning, validation, LEED accreditation submittal, preparation of construction record drawings (as-built drawings), studies, training, and project close-out documents.
Applied’s services include the study, design and retrofit of the following:
Commissioning is a quality assurance process that verifies that systems have been installed and are operating in accordance with the contract and the design intent so as to meet the Owner’s requirements. When done properly, commissioning encompasses and coordinates the traditional functions of system documentation, equipment startup, control startup and calibration, testing and balancing, and performance testing. Applied Engineering Services views commissioning as an integral part of the design and construction process and not something that is to be imposed on top of the construction process. Commissioning must verify that:
- the applicable equipment and systems are properly installed in accordance with the Contract Documents and manufacturers’ recommendations.
- the equipment receives adequate operational checkout by the contractor.
- the systems operate properly in accordance with the design intent and the owner requirements.
- proper documentation of the equipment and systems is completed in accordance with the Design Intent Document and the Contract Documents.
- the Owner’s Operational and Maintenance (O&M) needs are represented in the process.
The Commissioning Authority (CxA) must also provide the leadership to support the project schedule and the Owner’s needs.