- Westminster Village Addition and Renovations
- IU Health Riley Hospital for Children Emergency Power Upgrades
- IU Health Methodist Hospital South Generator Station Expansion
- IU Health Morgan Hospital Boiler Replacement
- IU Health Riley Hospital for Children Arc Flash Study
- Medical Center Hospital Center for Health and Wellness
- Cameron Memorial Hospital Critical Access Hospital Expansion and Renovation
- IU Health Morgan Hospital Addition and Renovations
Medical Center Hospital
Center for Health and Wellness
The Medical Center Hospital (MCH) Center for Health and Wellness was designed as a new health care facility in Odessa, Texas. The Center for Health and Wellness is part of a new trend combining fitness, therapy and physician services under one roof. Applied worked as a sub-consultant to Browning Day Mullins Dierdorf (BDMD) to provide the mechanical and electrical (MEP) engineering design for this new 69,000-square-foot facility. The building includes a 25,000-square-foot fitness center with both a lap pool and therapy pool. Another 44,000 square feet is reserved for clinical and medical office building space.
The MEP systems were designed to be easily maintained and automatically operated. Five air handling systems with DX cooling and electric heat serve the building. One air handler is a 7,300 cfm pool dehumidification unit with air and water side heat recovery.
The electrical design included a 2,000 kVA, 480/277V electrical service, interior and site lighting, fire alarm system, paging and provision for voice and data service.
The plumbing design included a domestic water system complete with water softeners and central hot water, sanitary system and fire protection. There is so little rainfall at the project location that storm water was routed to grade outside the building and joined the surface runoff in a detention pond.
MCH will be the Owner and operator of the facility, so controls and fixtures were coordinated to meet the hospital’s standards. The facility also included an imaging center. The MRI, CT Scanner and X-ray equipment required special MEP considerations.
The estimated construction cost was $12,000,000.